Estimating the wind conditions over complex terrain is a big challenge. anemos operates the CFD model Meteodyn WT which is especially developed to calculate the flow over complex terrain.
To provide site assessment studies with such a complex model in reasonable time, the anemos company operates high-performance computers that are able to perform these complex computations in a adequate time.
- Performance in complex terrain
- Standard resolution of 25m (orf even higher)
- Advanced modeling of forest canopies
- Integration of different atmospheric stability classes
- Advanced modeling of the atmospheric turbulence
The result is a detailed and comprehensive evaluation of the wind conditions at your site:
- Wind speed and wind direction
- Energy output of planned and existing wind turbines
- Wind direction distribution
- Vertical wind angle
- Turbulence intensity
- Wind energy density
- Wind shear
- Extreme wind conditions